Tenant Eviction Services
With over 20 years experience our experts provide free advice and a clear step-by-step guide on how to recover outstanding arrears and evict problem tenants. Our personal and honest service means you can trust us to tell you exactly where you stand. We will save you money and recover possession of your property. Our vast experience allows us to streamline and escalate the eviction process.
Key Features and Benefits of our Tenant Eviction Services
- Two step pre-court action letter (fantastic for recovering late payments)
- Free advice and case review
- Express tenant eviction service*
- Tenant eviction packages tailored
- Tenant evictions processed within 24-48hrs
- Post case management support
- Issuing and serving of notices
- Special Courier and Personal Hand Service
- Instruction of County Court or High Court Bailiffs
Notice Information and Service Tips
In most cases we issue the section 8 to prompt the tenant to clear the arrears and to understand what their intentions are. We also serve the section 21 which runs in the background just in case a large amount of rent is cleared or you have an agreed payment plan with the tenant but you still want to evict the tenant. If the tenant does not pay any money or misses a payment on the payment plan you will be able to make an application to court for possession. If the tenant clears all the rent then you can still evict the tenant once the section 21 has expired. Below is some information regarding the legal notices for residential evictions.
Potential Tenant DefencesPlease find enclosed some information regarding potential defences the tenant may file up until the day of the hearing.
Next StepsTo be in a position to review your case and serve notice or make a court application we will require the following documents:
- Signed AST
- Valid certificate showing deposit has been registered
- Up to date rent schedule highlighting arrears
- Any notices that may have been served previously
- Crime reference number if applicable
- Written correspondence with the tenant (if any)
- Any other material, correspondence or information to assist our understanding of the case
To discuss further or if you have questions please contact our litigation team on 0208 704 1330 or email email@example.com.
Alternatively you can use the contact form or request a call back or an appointment using the contact button located to the bottom right of your screen.
Our experts will be happy to help and rest assured we’ll be there to guide you every step of the way.